Spanish Fig & Almond Balls
A no cook tasty treat for special occassions. Serve with good chees and biscuits.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 Balls
- 100 grams Whole Almonds
- 500 grams Dried Whole Figs Remove hard stalk and centre of base
- 85 grams Dried Apricots Chopped into small pieces
- 50 grams Dried Cranberries
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- 1 tbsp Clear Honey
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 100 grams Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Finely chop the almonds in a food processor, reserve in a large bowl. Roughly chop the figs then work to a paste in the food processor. Put the paste into the bowl with the almonds and work with your hands adding the Brandy, mixed fruit, honey & cloves.Divide into 6 and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the sesame seed to cover. Leave them on a baking tray and cover with a clean tea towel. They should be left for a week in a cool, dry place.Store in airtight containers. They will keep for at least 2 months.(I often make 12 instead of 6 as the mixture is very rich).They make great Christmas presents.